Academics | Undergraduate Offerings
Undergraduate Degree Programs
As an undergraduate student in the College of Earth, Ocean, and Environment, you may undertake one of the following degree programs:
- Bachelor of Arts in Earth Science Education
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science
- Bachelor of Arts in Environmental Studies
- Bachelor of Arts in Geography
- Bachelor of Arts in Geography Education
- Honors Bachelor of Arts in Geography or Geography Education
- Bachelor of Arts in Geology
- Bachelor of Science in Geology
- Bachelor of Science in Geology concentration: Paleobiology
- Bachelor of Science in Geology concentration: Coastal & Marine Geoscience
- Bachelor of Science in Marine Science with Concentration in Marine Biology
- Honors Bachelor of Science in Marine Science with Concentration in Marine Biology
CEOE Students get a chance to learn in the classroom, in labs and out in the field.
In addition to course and degree offerings, there are the following other opportunities for undergraduate students:
Science students may also apply for our semester-in-residence program. The semester-in-residence program is designed to provide undergraduates with exposure to marine studies through introductory graduate-level classes and individual research projects that are guided by faculty advisors.
Students majoring in science, engineering or mathematics may also compete for one of our ten summer research internships (supported by a grant from the National Science Foundation's Division of Ocean Sciences) or a Physical Ocean Science & Engineering (POSE) summer internship. These summer interns conduct guided research in marine science.
Other undergraduate students with backgrounds in science or policy disciplines (economics, political science, international relations) who want to research the legal, political, and social aspects of the marine environment and the policy implications may want to apply for a Marine Policy internship.
Want to Study Abroad?
Students from a wide variety of majors can join us for our study abroad programs. We have programs that travel to New Zealand, Mexico, Bonaire, Fiji, Barbados, Austria, London and many other places across the globe. These trips explore the geographic, marine, geological, biological, chemical and cultural environments of the destinations.