Academics | Academic Advisement
Here in the College of Earth, Ocean and Environment, we believe that advising is an integral factor in assisting you succeed academically at UD and we are committed to providing you with effective academic advisement.
As a student, you are responsible for your academic decisions, actions and success. Therefore, you are encouraged to take advantage of the support services our College and the university has to offer.
You have been assigned a professional or faculty academic advisor who will assist you along the way. If you are unsure who your academic advisor is, that information is available on your UDSIS account.
Additionally, the Assistant Dean is always available to assist in problem solving, answer your advisement questions, and to support faculty and advisors within the college. Frequent problems and issues handled by the Assistant Dean include:
- Scheduling conflicts and late registration
- Academic progress and degree audit
- Senior checkout and degree certification
- Change of major information
- Academic difficulties
- Academic probation and dismissal
- Retroactive changes to transcripts
- Leave of absence and class absence verification
- Illness, injury, and serious personal problems
- Interpreting transfer credit and progress reports
- Transfer credit approval
- Clarifying academic regulations
Contact Information: If you can't find the answer to your questions or if you need more information, please contact:
Dr. Franklin A. Newton, Assistant Dean
111 Robinson Hall
email@example.com Profile ›