Since the October Honors Day ceremony at the University of Delaware College of Earth, Ocean, and Environment (CEOE), several faculty and students have received notable accolades.
• Ben Ciotti, marine biosciences doctoral student — Was awarded best student paper at the International Symposium on the Biology of Flatfish in IJmuiden, Netherlands.
• Danielle Haulsee, oceanography doctoral student — Was awarded best student poster at the annual meeting of the Mid-Atlantic Chapter of the American Fisheries Society.
• Victor Klemas, professor emeritus — Had three papers among the ten most-viewed in the Journal of Coastal Research during 2011.
• Delphis Levia, associate professor of geography — Was awarded a Humboldt Research Fellowship for upcoming (Jan-June 2012) work in Germany.
• George Luther, Maxwell P. and Mildred H. Harrington Professor of Oceanography — Was elected to the rank of Fellow with the American Association for the Advancement of Science. According to AAAS, Fellows are recognized for meritorious efforts to advance science or its applications.
For more about CEOE, visit www.ceoe.udel.edu.